The Most Resilient Material for Noise Reduction
QuietSound™ Rolled Underlayment is the premium solution for noise transmission in all kinds of multi-story buildings. QuietSound’s sustainable, recycled rubber underlayment provides optimal sound reduction while remaining impervious to the elements. Unlike natural cork, recycled rubber remains permanently resilient and will not become brittle with exposure to air. Not only does QuietSound II™ prevent the annoying sound transmission of foot traffic to the floors below, it also effectively deadens the transmission of interior noise, such as from stereos and voices.
Used in schools, hospitals, hotels and condominiums, QuietSound™ has very low VOCs and can be installed under most types of grouted, glued and floating floors (no adhesive required for floating floors), including ceramic tile, stone, and engineered woods. QuietSound™ not only contributes to energy conservation,
Concrete floors are prone to cracking. QuietSound™ acts as a crack suppression membrane, preventing cracks as large as 1/4” from damaging the flooring above. In addition, QuietSound™ cushions and insulates ceramic and laminate floors without that artificial “springy” feeling.
Available in 3mm, 5mm, 6mm, 9mm, and 12mm thicknesses, and custom thicknesses to 17mm
- Delivers years of reliable sound control
- Simple, fast and cost-efficient installation
- Resists compression while offering superior underfoot comfort.
- Acts as a crack suppression membrane
- Fully recyclable at end of life
- Very low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Insulates ceramic and laminate floors without that “springy” feeling of cork or foam.